Sacramento Pipeworks Gets Great Testimonial
Welcome back to the work week. Monday kicks off with Sacramento Pipeworks getting a great testimonial from a community group they recently hosted in their gym. Looks like everyone had a great time and most importantly, a whole lot was learned by all.
The group, called SKYLAB
, is a community group that strives to better the lives of youth by giving them a safe harbor to figure out exactly who they are. According to the testimonial they sent, SKYLAB
"believes that youth are valuable assets with important ideas, and therefore seeks to provide a safe, creative, nurturing space in which children can pursue their own interests as well as work together to ask questions and present creative solutions to community problems." We couldn't agree more and all of us at Touchstone Climbing agree that children are the most valuable assets. At any rate, here's what some of the kids had to say:
- Christina (11, first time going) said: “Rock climbing was perfect and interesting. I was surprised when I got further past the green and pink rock than I thought that I could. I felt safe, supported and not gonna fall.”
- Dale (9) “I went mostly on all of the walls. When I felt most scared I remembered my past good experiences rock climbing.”
- Mikael (first time going) “I didn’t like the harness but I liked the climbing rope [exercise rope].”
- Jasmine (8) “I had fun. When I was scared I got over the fear by pushing on.”
- Emma (18, Student Intern) “I saw all of the kids finish the day going twice as high as they were in the morning. It was really neat to see.”
Thanks again for a great time and we're looking forward to working with you more in the upcoming future!
Labels: climbing, Community Group, kids, Sacramento Pipeworks, SKYLAB